Byington offers a stunning, 100 acre, wine-experience getaway with expansive views of the Santa Cruz Mountains, Monterey Bay, and Pinot Noir vineyards. We are located in the heart of the Santa Cruz Mountains yet minutes from Silicon Valley. We craft award-winning wines in our 18,000-square-foot, Italian-style villa that houses the winemaking facilities, spectacular Cave, Tasting Room, and elegant weddings and conference facilities.
Enter the tasting room and escape the everyday. Allow the knowledgable staff to pour you a tasting of a selection of the award-winning wines. We welcome visitors for a $12 paid tasting from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm Friday through Sunday. A $12 refund will be given to you upon the purchase of two or more bottles of wine per tasting, or a $6 refund per tasting if you purchase 1 bottle of wine.
Winery Tours & Tastings
Our knowledgeable tour guide escorts you into the vineyard, production facilities, cellar and cave. During the tour, your guide will present you with a selection of our current releases. Available Saturday and Sunday 12:00pm and 1:00pm, prior reservation is requested. Tours are $25 per person. A $12 refund will be given to you upon the purchase of two or more bottles of wine per tasting, or a $6 refund per tasting if you purchase 1 bottle of wine. Tour time is approximately 45 minutes.
Barrel Tasting in the Wine Cave
Take a guided tour through our unique wine cave and sample wines from the barrel before they are released. You will also learn about the aging process and oak barrels from our tour guide. Available Saturday and Sunday 3:00pm and 4:00pm, prior reservation is requested. Tours are $25 per person. A $12 refund will be given to you upon the purchase of two or more bottles of wine per tasting, or a $6 refund per tasting if you purchase 1 bottle of wine. The experience takes between 20 and 30 minutes.
Block 4 Outlook & Shuttle
Enjoy your picnic at our Block 4 Outlook with incredible views of the forests of the Santa Cruz Mountains. A complimentary shuttle bus leaves the tasting room at 2:00 pm on Sundays and will take guests to the unique site. Reserve this location for a "fee" of half a bottle of wine per person that you pick up in the Tasting Room. Descend the patio to find the new trail head. This is a rigorous hike through nature, taking fit folks approximately 45 minutes to complete.
The Picnic facilities, lavish with flowers and beautifully manicured lawns, are available on a first come first serve basis. For Parties of 10 or more, reservations are strongly recommended.
- Table Reservations: The reservation “fee” is 1/2 bottle of wine per person for you and your guests to enjoy on the winery property or to take home. With this reservation, we provide outdoor space, tables, chairs (4-5 guests per table) and an umbrella. Space heaters are available on a limited-basis as well.
- Brick BBQ and Gas Grills: Gas and charcoal grills are available for a fee of $25 and $75, respectively, requiring advance booking. (You will need to bring your own BBQ tools.)
- Food Options: During Tasting Room hours (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday), bring your own food, rent out BBQ grills, or arrange with the recommended caterers to deliver food. A few culinary delights are available in the Tasting Room for purchase.
- Bocce Ball: The Bocce ball court comes with a view of the Pinot Noir vineyard and a picnic table. The Bocce ball court is available on a first come first serve basis. If you are reserving a picnic table, you may reserve in advance for an hour’s use at a time.
- Hiking Trail: Head up to scenic Wedding Hill, walk straight through it, then descend the dirt path to the far left. You will see our Block 4 Outlook with incredible views of the forests of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Descend the patio to find the trail head. This is a rigorous hike taking fit folks approximately 45 minutes to complete.
HOLIDAYS: We are open many holidays for guests to relax and enjoy themselves, including Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. We are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.