Byington offers a stunning, 95-acre, wine-experience getaway with expansive views of the Santa Cruz Mountains, Monterey Bay, and Pinot Noir vineyards. We are located in the heart of the Santa Cruz Mountains yet minutes from Silicon Valley. We craft award-winning wines in our 18,000-square-foot, Italian-style villa that houses our winemaking facilities, spectacular Cave, Tasting Room, and elegant wedding and conference facilities.
Enter our tasting room and escape the everyday. Allow our knowledgable staff to pour you a tasting of a selection of our award-winning wines. We welcome visitors for a $12 paid tasting from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm Friday through Sunday. A $12 refund will be given to you upon the purchase of two or more bottles of wine per tasting, or a $6 refund per tasting if you purchase 1 bottle of wine.
Tours & Tastings
Tours are $15 per person and offered Saturdays and Sundays. Your tour guide will escort you into our estate vineyard where, with a glass in hand, you will learn the history of Byington Winery and the Santa Cruz Mountains. You will also tour our production facility and our wine cave. During the tour, your guide will present you with a selection of our current releases. Tour time is approximately 45 minutes.
Our Picnic facilities, lavish with flowers and beautifully manicured lawns, are available on a first come first serve basis. For Parties of 10 or more, reservations are strongly recommended.
- Table Reservations: Our reservation “fee” is 1/2 bottle of wine per person for you and your guests to enjoy on the winery property or to take home. With this reservation, we provide outdoor space, tables and chairs (4-5 guests per table), and an umbrella. Space heaters are available on a limited-basis as well.
- Brick BBQ and Gas Grills: We offer use of gas and charcoal grills for a fee of $25 and $75, respectively, requiring advance booking. (You will need to bring your own BBQ tools.)
- Food Options: During Tasting Room hours (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday), bring your own food, rent out BBQ grills, or arrange with our recommended caterers to deliver food. We also sell brie cheese and crackers.
- Bocce Ball: Our Bocce ball court comes with a view of our Pinot Noir vineyard and a picnic table. The Bocce ball court is available on a first come first serve basis. If you are reserving a picnic table, you may reserve in advance for an hour’s use at a time.
Head up to scenic Wedding Hill, walk straight through it, then descend the dirt path to the far left. You will see our Block 4 Outlook with incredible views of the forests of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Descend the patio to find the trail head. This is a rigorous hike taking fit folks approximately 45 minutes to complete.
Book your experience online now. Or, if you prefer, call Byington at 408-354-1111.
HOLIDAYS: We are open many holidays for guests to relax and enjoy themselves, including Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. We are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
Our address is 21850 Bear Creek Road, Los Gatos, California.
- From the Bay Area take Highway 17 toward Santa Cruz. Exit at Bear Creek Road. Turn left at the stop sign and travel for 5.5 miles. Look for us on the left side of the road.
- From Santa Cruz take Highway 17 toward San Jose. Exit on Summit Road and turn left over the Highway. Continue on Summit until it dead-ends at Bear Creek Road. Turn left on Bear Creek Road and continue approximately 2 miles. Look for us on the left side of the road.