Byington offers a stunning, 100 acre, wine-experience getaway with expansive views of the Santa Cruz Mountains, Monterey Bay, and Pinot Noir vineyards. We are located in the heart of the Santa Cruz Mountains yet minutes from Silicon Valley. We craft award-winning wines in our 18,000-square-foot, Italian-style villa that houses the winemaking facilities, spectacular Cave, Tasting Room, and elegant weddings and conference facilities.
Enter the tasting room and escape the everyday. Allow the knowledgable staff to pour you a tasting of a selection of the award-winning wines. We welcome visitors for a $12 paid tasting from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm Friday through Sunday. A $12 refund will be given to you upon the purchase of two or more bottles of wine per tasting, or a $6 refund per tasting if you purchase 1 bottle of wine.
Tours & Tastings
Tours are $15 per person and offered Saturdays and Sundays. Your tour guide will escort you into the estate vineyard where, with a glass in hand, you will learn the history of Byington Winery and the Santa Cruz Mountains. You will also tour the production facility and the estate wine cave. During the tour, your guide will present you with a selection of the current releases. Tour time is approximately 45 minutes.
Barrel Tasting in Cave
An expert tour guide will escort you into the estate wine cave. You will taste the newest crafts Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon and the Late Harvest Wine before they are bottled and right out of the barrel. The unique estate wine cave is 40-feet below the Estate Vineyard and measures over 350 feet in length. The premium wines are matured under ground in oak barrels to achieve the highest possible quality. The experience takes between 20 and 30 minutes.
Block 4 Outlook & Shuttle
Enjoy award winning wine at the Block 4 Outlook with incredible views of the forests of the Santa Cruz Mountains. A complimentary shuttle bus will take guests to the site every Sunday at 4 pm. Each table seats 4 guests. For larger parties, Byington combines tables for your specific group size. Reserve this location for a "fee" of 1/2 bottle of wine per person that you pick up in our Tasting Room. Enjoy at Byington or take home with you. Descend the patio to find the new trail head. This is a rigorous hike through nature, taking fit folks approximately 45 minutes to complete.
The Picnic facilities, lavish with flowers and beautifully manicured lawns, are available on a first come first serve basis. For Parties of 10 or more, reservations are strongly recommended.
- Table Reservations: The reservation “fee” is 1/2 bottle of wine per person for you and your guests to enjoy on the winery property or to take home. With this reservation, we provide outdoor space, tables, chairs (4-5 guests per table) and an umbrella. Space heaters are available on a limited-basis as well.
- Brick BBQ and Gas Grills: Gas and charcoal grills are available for a fee of $25 and $75, respectively, requiring advance booking. (You will need to bring your own BBQ tools.)
- Food Options: During Tasting Room hours (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday), bring your own food, rent out BBQ grills, or arrange with the recommended caterers to deliver food. A few culinary delights are available in the Tasting Room for purchase.
- Bocce Ball: The Bocce ball court comes with a view of the Pinot Noir vineyard and a picnic table. The Bocce ball court is available on a first come first serve basis. If you are reserving a picnic table, you may reserve in advance for an hour’s use at a time.
- Hiking Trail: Head up to scenic Wedding Hill, walk straight through it, then descend the dirt path to the far left. You will see our Block 4 Outlook with incredible views of the forests of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Descend the patio to find the trail head. This is a rigorous hike taking fit folks approximately 45 minutes to complete.
HOLIDAYS: We are open many holidays for guests to relax and enjoy themselves, including Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. We are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.